Wednesday, 10 March 2021, 14:00−15:30 (UTC/GMT+1 or CET)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish
Social security institutions are globally going digital, even more so during the COVID-19 pandemic. Digital technologies fundamentally change how people engage and interact with administrations, making it easier for people to access key information, timely fulfil their legal obligations, and obtain e-services and benefits in rapidly evolving societies.
Yet such benefits come with new challenges, raising concerns around accessibility, affordability, skills, legally valid identification, trust and security, as well as notions of equity and inclusion. Addressing these challenges requires strategies to ensure that digital transformation work for all, ensuring that no one is left behind. There is a window of opportunity for social security institutions to shape a digital future which maximises the immense opportunities while fostering social inclusion in all societies.
This first ISSA Webinar on digital inclusion will piece together what we know about the main concepts, challenges and issues. What we need to better understand, and what good practices and innovative solutions have been already applied in different countries.
Join us for this first ISSA Webinar on digital inclusion, the start of a series of webinars on various aspects of this major challenge related to the ISSA’s four triennial topical priorities.
|Morten Meyerhoff Nielsen, EGOV Adviser, Operating Unit on Policy-Driven Electronic Governance (UNU-EGOV), United Nations University|
|Isabelle Sancerni, President of the Board of Directors, National Family Allowances Fund (CNAF), France|
|Alicia Echeverrigaray Laguna, Head, Social Security Policy Advisory Unit, Social Insurance Bank (BPS), Uruguay|
|Kersti Vaikmaa, Head of self-service, Estonian National Social Insurance Board (ENSIB), Estonia|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the expectations and the major barriers for digital inclusion in social security services?
- What are key strategic elements applied to address these challenges, and how do they ensure that no one is left behind?
- How can the ISSA support institutions to take advantage of digitalisation in social security administration and inclusive e-services?
- How is COVID-19 influencing the challenges and responses?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Introductive keynote speech by Morten Meyerhoff Nielsen, United Nations University
- Case experience from CNAF, France
- Case experience from BPS, Uruguay
- Case experience from ENSIB, Estonia
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Head of Centre for Excellence Knowledge, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fee.