Thursday, 2 September 2021, 10:30–12:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, and Spanish
(Simultaneous interpretation available using the Zoom App only)
Webinar organized in collaboration with the ISSA European Network (IEN)
Over the past two decades, numerous reforms in parental benefits have been aimed at promoting gender equality and balance among parents with respect to their inclusion in the labour market.
Although many countries can boast significant improvements as a result of these measures, trends show that it is still mostly women who bear the burdens associated with parenthood (career breaks, loss of income, domestic tasks, education of children, etc.).
This webinar, focusing on the European experience, will attempt to understand the impact of these parental benefits and leave policies on gender equality and labour market inclusion.
It will then examine the long-term visions and next steps to converge towards gender equality, while taking into account the profound work-related transformations (working from home, part-time work, etc.).
|Catherine Collombet and Laurent Ortalda, Mission for the European and International Relations and Cooperation, National Family Allowances Fund, France|
|Ásdís Aðalbjörg Arnalds, Social Science Research Institute, University of Iceland, Iceland|
|Donata Telišauskaitė-Čekanavičė, Senior specialist of the Social Insurance Unit, Ministry of Social Security and Labour, Lithuania|
|Mark Musu, Permanent Secretary, Ministry for the Family, Children’s Rights and Social Solidarity, Malta|
|Jens Schremmer, Head, Office of the Secretary General, ISSA|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What have been the strategies on parental benefit and leave measures to promote gender equality?
- What have been the results of these reforms?
- What remains to be done and what are the new challenges to gender equality in the context of changing labour markets?
- Are there specific initiatives to actively support the return to work after a career break?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, ISSA
- Technical presentation by the ISSA
- Round table discussion with the speakers
|Moderated by Marjorie Lestienne, Regional Coordinator for Europe, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member institutions and invited participants without registration fee.