Tuesday, 29 November 2022, 10:00–11:30 (UTC/GMT+1or CET)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) continues to make its way into mainstream solutions focused to improve service delivery. Business cases have become clearer, helping institutions free up scarce resources and supporting enforcement and control activities in organizations. As institutions build capacity and tools become more readily available, the results from AI solutions become more tangible for social security organizations.
However, the implementation of Artificial Intelligence projects has different challenges. It requires solutions to have clarity with respect to explainability, accountability and transparency. At the same time, data quality becomes just as important as specialists’ input in providing specific know-how to help develop solutions that together are key ingredients to ensure correct and fair solutions to all members.
This is the first of a series of webinars that will provide in-depth discussions about using Artificial Intelligence in social security and insight into the implementation of these types of projects. It will provide an overview of the field at a global level and outline the potential that AI tools represent to support social security institutions address different challenges, and share trends and a vision of what the future of AI could mean for social protection.
The webinar series will highlight experiences on the use of AI in scenarios such as:
- Building better digital channels to automate service delivery
- Helping health institutions process claims
- Supporting institutions in identifying patterns from data
- Extending coverage to vulnerable groups
|Moinul Zaber, Senior Academic Fellow, Operating Unit on Policy-Driven Electronic Governance (UNU-EGOV), United Nations University|
|Sigrit Siht, Project Manager, Digital State Development Department, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications (MKM), Estonia|
|Muhammad Afhzal Abdul Rahman, Chief Digital Technology Officer, Employees Provident Fund (EPF), Malaysia|
|Gianluca Misuraca, Director of the Master on Artificial Intelligence for public services (AI4GOV), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What is the current state of AI applications in the public and social sector?
- How can AI be used in social security and what are the most promising application scenarios?
- What are the limits and risks to using AI in social security?
- How to use AI effectively and safely in social security and what is the required institutional capacity?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, ISSA
- Technical introduction by UNU-EGOV
- Case experience of MKM, Estonia
- Case experience of EPF, Malaysia
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Ernesto Brodersohn, Senior Officer in Social Security, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.