Wednesday, 9 December 2020, 14:00–16:00 (UTC/GMT+1 or CET)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish
Demographic ageing is a major achievement in itself. However, the changing social security needs of ageing population also bring about significant challenges. In Europe, one of the most urgent questions is how to meet the rising needs for long-term health and social care services in a financially sustainable, adequate and high-quality manner.
This second webinar of the ISSA long-term care (LTC) webinar series will therefore focus on strategic and practical social security responses to growing long-term care needs in Europe. It will review the experiences and current reform approaches in countries where formal long-term care systems have already been put in place, and also take stock of the strategies of countries where such systems are yet to be established.
Organised in collaboration with the ISSA European Network (IEN), the webinar will provide an overview of both challenges and innovative solutions across Europe from a comparative perspective.
Join us for this second ISSA Webinar on LTC, as part of the series of webinars on various aspects on this major challenge related to ISSA’s triennial topical priority on ageing societies.
|Gertruda Uścińska, President, Social Insurance Institution (ZUS), Poland and Chairperson of the ISSA European Network|
|Jens Schremmer, Head, Office of the Secretary General, ISSA|
|Heinz Rothgang, Director, Department of Health, Long-term Care and Pensions, SOCIUM Research Centre on Inequality and Social Policy, University of Bremen, Germany|
|Dominique Libault, Director General, EN3S - National School of Social Security, France|
|Petra Fadgyas-Freyler, Unit Head, Department for Project Management and Data Provision, National Health Insurance Fund, Hungary|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the priorities and challenges for long-term care in Europe?
- How are countries in Europe addressing the issues for LTC in the shorter and longer-term?
- How to support the development of coordinated national LTC programmes, and what is the role of social security institutions?
- How is COVID-19 influencing the challenges?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Overview of the expertise shared by international organisations in the LTC Webinar on 25 November 2020
- Long-term care systems and policies in Europe − A comparative perspective
- Legal aspects of LTC in Europe
- The provision of care for the elderly in an ageing society: The case of France
- Ageing – Perspective of the National Health Insurance Fund, Hungary
- Q&A – Panel discussion
Moderated by Nathalie De Wulf, Coordinator of the ISSA Technical Commission on Medical Care and Sickness Insurance
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.