Service quality is a key aspect of the efficiency and effectiveness of social security delivery, leading to greater trust and confidence in the social security system and better social outcomes.
This course draws on international best-practice guidelines to explore how to improve service performance in day-to-day actions and business processes.
This is one of seven ISSA Academy Diploma training courses run in partnership with the ITC-ILO training institution, offered in an innovative e-learning format.
- Watch this video on how the ITC-ILO e-learning courses work
This specialized course enables you to join a virtual global network of social security practitioners flexibly and without the need to travel.
Training course: ISSA Guidelines on Service Quality
Training institution: International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITC-ILO)
Training venue: E-Campus of the ITC-ILO
Training period: 3 May to 11 June 2021
Region: Open to ISSA member organizations in all regions
The training course on the ISSA Guidelines on Service Quality aims to assist social security institutions to improve service performance in their day-to-day actions and business processes. Participants will be provided with a sound framework that brings together the main considerations on service quality in social security administration. Service quality is evidence of the efficiency and effectiveness of social security delivery, leading to a greater trust and confidence in the social security system and better outcomes.
Who can participate?
The training course is designed for social security professionals from ISSA member institutions. In particular, participants should hold positions directly related to the management of social security services.
Course learning materials and tuition will be offered online in English. The following requirements are therefore essential to participate in this course:
- the ability to use and access a computer with internet
- a working knowledge of English
How to apply for the training course
Please contact the ITC-ILO training institution to apply for this training course
Mr Charles Crevier
Applicants should complete the online form no later than 23 April 2021, supported by a letter from their sponsoring institution, indicating to assume the costs of the participant.
Cost of participation
The cost of participating in this course is 900 euro. This is payable in advance by the participant’s sponsoring organization and covers tuition fees, support services and online training and training materials.
The diploma training programme
The ISSA Diploma programme offers high-level e-Learning on the ISSA guidelines for social security professionals.
The course consists of a number of online modules offered through the E-Campus online platform to be completed over a period of six weeks from 3 May to 11 June 2021, for an estimated 60 learning hours. The course is broken down into three phases.
- Pre-course learning: Flexible (asynchronous) self-guided online learning on E-Campus and an end of phase assessment
- Real time learning: Live interactive sessions and engaging video presentations by highly experienced trainers, blended with individual and collaborative group exercises, peer-to-peer assessment and online technical forums on E-Campus
- End of course assignment: Individual assignment applying ISSA Guidelines to the participant’s organization. Participants who successfully complete all assessments and the final assignment will receive a Certificate of Achievement