Monday 28 June, 12:00–13:40 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Language: English only
The two-year project “Achieving SDGs and ending poverty through Universal Social Protection” will end on 30 June 2021. Focusing on strengthening the governance of social security schemes, the project is contributing to higher coverage for 500,000 people in Pakistan and Cambodia, through better coordination, improved data management, and stronger enforcement of social security laws.
To mark the conclusion of this project, the International Labour Organization (ILO), the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA), the International Social Security Association (ISSA) and Development Pathways invite you to a virtual High-Level Seminar that will:
- Highlight the achievements and insights generated by the project at country and global level.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in ensuring universal social protection, using concrete experiences from the project, including South-South cooperation.
- Hao Bin, Director General, Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, China
- Daniela Bas, Director, Division for Inclusive Development, UN DESA
- Valérie Schmitt, Deputy Director, Social Protection Department, ILO
- Anbreen Sajid, Commissioner of Punjab Employees' Social Security Institution (PESSI), Pakistan
- Arooma Shahzad, General Secretary, Domestic Workers' Union, Pakistan
- Ume Laila, Executive Director, Home Net Pakistan, Pakistan
- Ingrid Christensen, Director Pakistan Country Office, ILO
- Ouk Samvithyea, Director General, National Social Security Fund, Cambodia
- Oknha Sok Piseth, Board Member, Cambodian Federation of Employers and Business Associations
- Stephen Kidd, Development Pathways
- Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA
- Nuno Cunha, Senior social security specialist, ILO
- Wenyan Yang, Chief, Social Perspective on Development Branch, UN DESA
|International Labour Organization|
|United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs|