Wednesday, 5 May 2021, 10:00−11:30 (UTC/GMT+2 or CET)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish
(Simultaneous interpretation available using the Zoom App only)
As universal health coverage becomes a global health priority, access to health care services is one of the most important components of social security. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought into sharp focus the need for universal access to affordable care. Health care service delivery and its financing methods have important repercussions for people in accessing and benefitting from them.
Among the main types of health care systems, the national health insurance model is one of the most largely adopted and plays an essential role in improving the quality of care and healthcare.
While national health insurance systems enable providing comprehensive and equitable access to healthcare services in several countries, implementing them involves several challenges such as establishing a national organisational structure and implementing the interaction between stakeholders as well as quality customer services.
Organised by the ISSA Technical Commission on Medical Care and Sickness Insurance, this webinar will enable to address strategies and practical approaches to enhance health insurance systems, coverage and service quality, taking advantage of technological innovations.
|Ali Ghufron Mukti, Chair of the ISSA Technical Commission on Medical Care and Sickness Insurance and President Director, Social Security Administering Body for the Health Sector (BPJS Kesehatan), Indonesia|
|Fatma Özge Varoğlu, Social Security Expert, Directorate General of Universal Health Insurance, Social Security Institution (Sosyal Güvenlik Kurumu − SGK), Turkey|
|Sang-Baek Chris Kang, Director General, Department of Global Cooperation, National Health Insurance Service (NHIS), Republic of Korea|
|Regis Hitimana, Deputy Director General in charge of Social Security Benefits, Rwanda Social Security Board, Rwanda|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the common challenges and national strategies to maximise health insurance coverage?
- What are the key lessons learnt to manage health insurance, enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery?
- What are the organisational and delivery approaches used to maximise automation?
- What is next, taking into account, among others, the lessons learnt from the COVID-19 crisis?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Introduction by the Chair of the ISSA Technical Commission on Medical Care and Sickness Insurance
- The experience from Turkey
- The experience from the Republic of Korea
- The experience from Rwanda
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organisations and invited institutions without registration fee.