Wednesday, 9 June 2021, 14:30−16:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish
(Simultaneous interpretation available using the Zoom App only)
As universal health coverage becomes a global priority, access to health-care services has become one of the most important components of social security. There are many models shaping health-care systems around the world, amongst which national health insurance systems.
Regulation plays a major role in the health insurance coverage and standards are essential to ensure compliance and to provide safe health care to every individual. To supervise and control whether health-care providers comply with the rules and regulations, supervisory national health insurance institutions develop highly efficient systems and tools of evaluation, prevention, detection and investigation of the use resources by providers and suppliers. This results in active surveillance of good medical practice, imposing appropriate sanctions and managing user complaints in health care.
This webinar will address the trends and challenges from a regulatory perspective to enhance the efficiency in managing and organising health insurance systems, taking into account the lessons learnt from the COVID-19 crisis.
Join us for this ISSA Webinar on Improving health insurance systems, the second of a series of webinars on various aspects of this major challenge related to the ISSA’s four triennial topical priorities.
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the challenges for health insurance systems and services from a regulatory perspective?
- What are the trends and national strategies for efficient health insurance systems? What works? What did not achieve the expected results?
- COVID-19 has shown the importance of health systems being resilient to unexpected shocks. How can regulation enhance the efficient management of health insurance systems in uncertain times?
|Brieuc Van Damme, Director General Healthcare, National Institute for Health and Disability Insurance (NIHDI), Belgium|
|Petra Fadgyas-Freyler, Unit Head, Department for Project Management and Data Provision, National Health Insurance Fund, (NEAK), Hungary|
|David Aruachan, General Manager, Superintendency of Health Services, Argentina|
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- The experience from NIHDI, Belgium
- The experience from NEAK, Hungary
- The experience from the Superintendency of Health Services, Argentina
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fee.