Tuesday, 19 October 2021, 10:30–12:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, German and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation available using the Zoom App only)
Webinar organized in collaboration with the ISSA European Network (IEN)
The coronavirus crisis brought about significant communication challenges for social security institutions. Communicating effectively in a rapidly changing context has required ongoing innovation as regards communication strategy, channels and approaches. These innovations will have a long-term impact beyond the gradual ending of extraordinary social security measures put in place during the pandemic.
Using the lessons learnt from the pandemic, and taking into account the ISSA Guidelines on Communication by Social Security Administrations, this webinar organized by the ISSA European Network (IEN) will first provide an analysis of key communication concepts and strategies. It will then explore how different European social security institutions adapted their external communication approaches as a consequence of the pandemic, and discuss how these developments will impact on communication strategies in the future.
|Pascal Martin, Communication Expert|
|Pipsa Lotta Marjamäki, Director of Communications, Social Insurance Institution (KELA), Finland|
|Stefan Braatz, Deputy Press Officer, German Federal Pension Insurance (DRV-Bund), Germany|
|Elshad Khanalibayli, Head and Fahmin Hajizada, Senior Specialist, International Relations Department, State Social Protection Fund under the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Republic of Azerbaijan|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the key lessons learnt regarding effective communication with the public since the onset of the pandemic?
- Do you foresee any communication challenges during the gradual return to regular procedures and benefits?
- What is the long-term impact of the pandemic and its lessons on the communication strategy of your institution?
- Do you believe that it has become easier or more difficult to communicate social security messages after the pandemic, and why?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, ISSA
- Technical presentation by ISSA
- Case experience of Finland
- Case experience of Germany
- Case experience of Azerbaijan
- Roundtable panel discussion
|Moderated by Marjorie Lestienne, Regional Coordinator for Europe, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member institutions and invited participants without registration fee.