Wednesday, 6 April 2022, 16:00–17:30 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French and Spanish
(Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
Implementing information systems is extremely complex and finding solutions that fit the needs of social security institutions can be challenging. Digital solutions, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), help to address this complexity.
The openIMIS initiative offers an answer as a digital public good that is sustainable in different ways: It is an open-source solution that can be adapted to manage various health and social protection programmes, it is interoperable, aligned with international standards, and it is secure and has the support of a global community of implementers, developers and users. openIMIS has been implemented in eight countries within two regions covering 8.1 million beneficiaries through the efficient management of different insurance schemes for both the formal and informal sectors.
This ISSA Webinar will provide a deeper focus and more detailed view after the 2021 Webinar on openIMIS. It will demonstrate how the openIMIS modules can have a significant impact on the strategy going forward in implementing solutions for information and communication technology (ICT) in social security. It will also provide insights into the management of data protection and implementation support provided by and/or through the openIMIS initiative and point at further resources to explore the feasibility of this open-source solution to interested scheme operators.
|Saurav Bhattarai, Advisor, openIMIS Initiative, Global Initiative Social Protection Innovation and Learning, German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ), Germany|
|Dr Damodar Basula, Executive Director, Health Insurance Board (HIB), Nepal|
|Rodrigo Ortiz D’Avila Assumpção, Social Protection Management Info Systems Expert, Social Protection Department, International Labour Organization (ILO)|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What social protection business processes can be managed with openIMIS?
- What modules does openIMIS have that can be used in different social protection implementation scenarios?
- What opportunities and challenges does the implementation of openIMIS pose?
- What support can I receive when testing the feasibility of this solution or implementing openIMIS?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, International Social Security Association (ISSA)
- Technical introduction by the ISSA
- openIMIS initiative vision and openIMIS module description by GIZ, Germany
- Case experience of HIB, Nepal
- Perspectives from the ILO
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Ernesto Brodersohn, Senior Officer in Social Security, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.