13 July 2022, 10:00–12:30 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, German and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation – Frequently asked questions)
This webinar is organized in collaboration with the ISSA Technical Commission on Insurance against Employment Accidents and Occupational Diseases (TC Work Injury).
Over the past few decades, the scope of coverage for social protection has broadened significantly. However, effective coverage rates remain low, especially among rural and informal workers. The topic of closing the coverage gap is part of the ISSA’s programme priorities and of many ISSA member institutions. They support people on their way into the formal economy as social protection systems can only benefit those who have access to it.
Against this background, the International Social Security Association (ISSA) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) have committed to the Global Partnership for Universal Social Protection in support of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are part of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
The webinar will address the expansion of social security coverage for workers, also making the connection to insurance coverage against occupational accidents and diseases and the formalisation of work contracts. It will present good practices of social security institutions and solutions that contribute to closing the coverage gap.
|Stefan Hussy, Director General, German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV), Germany and Chair of ISSA TC Work Injury|
|Anne Marie La Rosa, Senior Policy, Legal and Labour Rights Specialist, GEIP, Enterprise Department, ILO|
|Dr Azlan bin Darus, Head of Prevention, Medical and Rehabilitation Division, Social Security Organisation (PERKESO), Malaysia|
|Sujin Jung, Manager, Coverage Plan Department, Korea Workers' Compensation & Welfare Service (COMWEL), Republic of Korea|
|Emmanuel Lawrence Magoti, Principal of the ECASSA Institute of Social Protection (EISP).|
|Leila Naija, President–Director General, National Health Insurance Fund (CNAM), Tunisia|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are effective tools to promote coverage extension?
- How can a social security organization support the government’s efforts on increasing labour market participation in the formal economy?
- What can be done to provide better support and increase the social security protection for women in rural areas?
- How can the use of digital tools and mobile technology provide a better social security coverage for platform workers?
- How can workers’ compensation boards create a connection between insurance coverage against occupational accidents and diseases and the formalisation of work contracts?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, Secretary General, ISSA
- Opening address by the Chair of ISSA TC Work Injury
- A transformative approach tested in Bangladesh: The RMG Pilot on employment injury insurance scheme – Case experience of the ILO
- Narrowing the gap for worker's social security coverage – Case experience of PERKESO, Malaysia
- Social security literacy – Case experience of EAC
- Case experience of COMWEL, Republic of Korea
- Case experience of CNAM, Tunisia
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Bernd Treichel, Senior Technical Specialist in Social Security (Prevention), ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fee.