In connection with the International Labour Conference (ILC), the International Social Security Association (ISSA) held important meetings with visitors from many organizations. The guests included ministers and leaders of social security institutions.
The ILC is an annual event organized in Geneva, Switzerland, by the International Labour Organization (ILO). It brings together governments, worker, and employer organizations, and sets the broad policies of the ILO, including on social security.
ISSA Secretary General Marcelo Caetano and his staff received and held discussions with the following delegations in connection with the 110th Session of the ILC:
- Africa: Cécile Gernique Bouba, Executive Secretary, Inter-African Conference on Social Security (Conférence Interafricaine de la Prévoyance Sociale – CIPRES), and her delegation, on 31st May 2022
- Brazil: José Carlos Oliveira, Minister of Labour and Social Security, Luís Felipe Batista de Oliveira, Secretary of State of Labour, Omar Fares, Chief of staff, on 6 June 2022
- Cuba: Marta Elena Feitó Cabrera, Minister of Labour and Social Security, Yudelvis Álvarez Fonseca, Legal and International Affairs Director at the Ministry, Juan Antonio Quintanilla, Ambassador, Edilen Pita from Permanent Mission to the United Nations
- Eswatini: His Royal Highness Prince Lonkhokhela Dlamini, Chief Executive Officer of the Eswatini National Provident Fund, Magwabane Mdluli, Director of Social Security, Ministry of Labour & Social Security, on 9 June 2022
- Guinea (1): Bakary Sylla, Director General, National Social Security Fund (Caisse nationale de sécurité sociale – CNSS), and his delegation, on 6 June 2022
- Guinea (2): Aminata Diallo, Director General, National Social Insurance Fund (Caisse nationale de sécurité sociale – CNPS), and her delegation, on 8 June 2022
- Guinea-Bissau: Bamba Koté, Director General, National Institute of Social Security, and Assucenia Seidi Donate, Director General of Employment and Professional Training at the Ministry of Public Administration, Employment and Social Security, on 6 June 2022
- Haiti: Odney Pierre Ricot, Minister of Social Affairs and Labour, Justin Viard, Ambassador at the Permanent Mission to the United Nations, Jemley Marc Jean Baptiste, Director General, National Old Age Insurance Office, Guerline Jean Louis, Director of the Labour Office, Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour, on 10 June 2022
- Türkiye: Cevdet Ceylan, Acting President of the Social Security Institution, on 6 June 2022
- Zambia: Ronnie Kamanya, Acting Director General, National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA), and his delegation, on 7 June 2022
As this was the first time since 2019 that the ILC could be held in person, this was an important opportunity for the ISSA to hold discussions with member institutions, prospective members and partner organizations that were present in Geneva for the conference.