In 2023 the ISSA Special Commission on Prevention kicks off its webinar series “Let’s talk about OSH – Have you ever…?”. The first edition of this series will focus on the “near misses” in occupational safety and health (OSH) and is with the contribution of the Prevention Sections on Electricity, Gas and Water, and on Transportation.
Near misses – incidents that did not result in injury, harm or damage to persons or property but had the potential to – help companies identify shortcomings in their operations and provide valuable insights for the prevention of accidents before something serious has happened. Effective near miss reporting can be the basis for improving overall health and safety performance while enhancing a positive safety culture throughout the company.
This first webinar of the series is scheduled for:
7 February 2023, 16:00 –16:45 (CET)
After a brief theoretical introduction, two OSH experts will give insights into their experience with near misses. This OSH talk will examine the following questions:
- Why is it important to take the reporting and management of near misses seriously?
- Are there examples of good practices?
- What requirements should a near miss reporting system fulfil?
- What are the biggest challenges when reporting and managing near misses?
- Kirsten Kuns, Head of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment, Westfalen AG, Germany
- Mike Leppard, Senior Safety, Health and Environment Advisor, Energy Networks Association (ENA), UK
Simultaneous interpretation in English, French, German and Spanish.
Register here (free of charge):
ISSA members should use the registration form on the ISSA website.