The ISSA technical commissions (TCs) play a central role in the International Social Security Association (ISSA). They are the backbone of its knowledge development and technical work. Organized along 13 clusters of topics, they allow ISSA members to focus their efforts in their particular area of interest.
The technical commissions each develop a work plan aligned with priorities of the ISSA Programme and Budget, which for 2023–2025 are:
- Transformation and innovation in management and service delivery
- Social security coverage for a diverse workforce
- Protecting and supporting people during a changing life-course
- Social security supporting resilience and sustainability
During the triennium, all technical commissions gather annually in Geneva, Switzerland for the ISSA Forum for Technical Commissions (TC Forum), to share ideas, plan their activities and compare notes.
For the triennium 2023–2025:
- TC Forum 2023: Establish the work plan of each TC, share them with other TCs, and identify overlaps, gaps and opportunities for joint developments.
- TC Forum 2024: Review progress made in the implementation of the work plans.
- TC Forum 2025: Share and approve the final deliverables and prepare for the World Social Security Forum, taking place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, later that year.
Technical commissions contribute to the development of the ISSA Guidelines, and have specific roles in ISSA events such as international conferences, technical seminars, Regional Social Security Forums and the World Social Security Forum.