Wednesday 30 September 2020, 09:30–11:00 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Organized by the ISSA Liaison Office for Arab Countries
Most Arab countries are gradually lifting the restrictions imposed to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, social security institutions in the region are designing and implementing strategies to adapt their services and institutional organization. In the context of the uncertainty characterizing this transition period, they also need to constantly adapt in order to gradually return to regular operations while ensuring the safety of employees and beneficiaries. Lessons learnt during the quarantine period, such as the massive use of online services, will have a major impact on strategies for returning to the “new normal”.
|Muhammad Yasin Odeh, Assistant Director General, Administrative and Financial Affairs, Social Security Corporation, Jordan|
|Sawsan Al-Moawed, Director, Planning and Digitalization Transformation Department, The Public Institution for Social Security, Kuwait|
|Jaser Al-Jaser, General Manager of Business Excellence , Public Pension Agency, Saudi Arabia|
In this context, this webinar will discuss institutional strategies and approaches by addressing the following issues:
- What are the most important institutional challenges that were faced during the confinement period?
- What are the institutional priorities for this period?
- What “face-to-face” services will be reintroduced as a priority and how will they be adapted to the context?
- What are the internal organization and human resource management adopted to deal with the crisis?
- Which new practices for customer services and internal organization used during the quarantine period can be adopted on a permanent basis?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Technical introduction by Bassam Al-Subaihi, ISSA Liaison Officer for Arab Countries
- Case experience of Social Security Corporation, Jordan
- Case experience of The Public Institution for Social Security, Kuwait
- Case experience of Public Pension Agency, Saudi Arabia
- Q&A – Discussion
Moderated by Bassam Al-Subaihi, ISSA Liaison Officer for Arab Countries
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.