Tuesday, 26 October 2021, 11:00−12:30 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English and French (Simultaneous interpretation available using the Zoom App only)
Health care and social protection systems are extremely complex. Achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) as well as Universal Social Protection (USP) requires managing multiple stakeholders (payers, providers, beneficiaries) and their interactions, going along with the processing of large amounts of data.
Digital solutions, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), help to cope with this complexity. The openIMIS initiative offers a solution that proves sustainable in manifold ways: It is an open source solution that can be adapted to manage various health and social protection schemes, it is interoperable and aligned with international standards, and it is secured and has the support of a global community of implementers, developers and users.
As of August 2021, 6.3 million people in six countries (Cameroon, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gambia, Nepal and United Republic of Tanzania) benefit from the efficient management of their health or social protection programme through openIMIS.
This webinar will introduce openIMIS and provide an overview of its functionalities and supported business processes. It will portrait selected use cases and implementation experiences on social health insurance and unconditional cash transfer programmes to start off the discussion with the participants. Participants can also learn how to receive implementation support.
|Saurav Bhattarai, Advisor, openIMIS Initiative, Global Initiative Social Protection Innovation and Learning, German Corporation for International Cooperation (GIZ), Germany|
|Dr Damodar Basula, Executive Director, Health Insurance Board (HIB), Nepal|
|Momodou L. Jarju, Co-founder and Chief Technical Officer, 2M Corp (Developer of the NAFA Quick Cash Transfer Scheme), Gambia|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What health and social protection business processes can be managed with openIMIS?
- What are the typical use cases of openIMIS in different health and social protection implementation scenarios?
- What opportunities and challenges does the implementation of openIMIS pose?
- What support can I receive when testing the feasibility of this solution or implementing openIMIS?
- Welcome by the ISSA Secretary General
- Overview by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director of the Social Security Development Branch, ISSA
- Technical introduction by Saurav Bhattarai, openIMIS Initiative, Germany
- Case experience on social health insurance, Nepal
- Case experience on unconditional cash transfer, Gambia
- Q&A – Discussion
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organizations and invited institutions without registration fees.