Thursday, 28 October 2021, 15:00−16:30 (UTC/GMT+2 or CEST)
Languages: Simultaneous interpretation in English and Spanish (Simultaneous interpretation available using the Zoom App only)
Population ageing is a major global trend that has put long-term care (LTC) on the top of the agenda of social security reforms.
As the Americas are facing accelerated demographic and epidemiological changes among the elderly, many countries are investing in the implementation of long-term care systems.
Strategies need to be designed based on each country’s needs and capacities, proposing tailor-made short-term and long-term actions and goals, from generating better information on LTC needs to the implementation of LTC systems.
As there is no one-size-fits-all solution, putting into practice LTC services remains challenging, mainly due to the large number of issues involved and the yet limited regulatory and practical developments.
As part of the ISSA’s cross-cutting project on LTC, this webinar will provide a contemporary snapshot of challenges and opportunities from the health perspective in the Americas, illustrated by innovative strategies and solutions developed by ISSA members.
Join us for this sixth ISSA Webinar on LTC, as part of the series of webinars on various aspects on this major challenge related to ISSA’s triennial topical priority on ageing societies.
|Ali Ghufron Mukti, Chair of the ISSA Technical Commission on Medical Care and Sickness Insurance and President Director, Social Security Administering Body for the Health Sector (BPJS Kesehatan), Indonesia|
|Enrique Vega García, Unit Chief Healthy Life Course, Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO)|
|Dr Gonzalo Acuña, Residential Technical Director, Catholic Workers’ Circle of the Uruguay Mutual Fund, Uruguay|
|Kleiber Rojas Varela, Head of the Vive Bien Programme, Social Services and Benefits Area, Social Insurance Fund of Costa Rica|
This webinar will examine the following questions:
- What are the urgent LTC challenges and opportunities for the region in the Americas?
- What are the views and recommendations taken by PAHO/WHO related to LTC support for an ageing population?
- Which innovative strategies are developed by countries in the region?
- What is the best way forward short-term and long-term actions, taking into account the multidisciplinary nature of LTC, also considering the health, actuarial, pensions and mutuals’ perspectives?
- Welcome by Marcelo Abi-Ramia Caetano, ISSA Secretary General
- Introduction by the ISSA
- Challenges and opportunities for LTC in the Americas by PAHO
- The views from Uruguay
- The views from Costa Rica
- Q&A – Discussion
- Next steps & conclusions
|Moderated by Raúl Ruggia-Frick, Director, Social Security Development Branch, ISSA|
The webinar is open to delegates of ISSA member organisations and invited institutions without registration fee.