The Seminar will focus on three main areas:
1. Financing of social security in developing countries and countries in transition.
2. Sustainable instruments to move towards universal coverage.
3. The role of projection models in assessing the optimal financing of social security.
- Assia Billig, Actuary, the Office of the Chief Actuary, Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions, Canada
- Rizaldy T. Capulong, Deputy Chief Actuary & Assistant Vice President for Actuarial and Securities Trading & Management Departments, Social Security System, Philippines
- Henry Chikova, Assistant General Manager - Benefits, National Social Security Authority, Zimbabwe
- Chresten Dengsoe, Chief Actuary, Labour Market Supplementary Pensions Institution, Denmark
- Mélanie Glénat, Chief of actuarial studies, Department of investments and studies, Insurance Scheme for the Self-employed, France
- Yollard Kachinda, Director of Contributions and Benefits, National Pension Scheme Authority, Zambia
- Laura Lacasta, Chief of Financial and Actuarial Section, Secretariat for Social Security, Argentina
- Ole Christian Lien, Senior adviser, Directorate of Labour and Welfare, Norway
- Raffaello Marcelloni, Actuary, Statistical and Actuarial Department, National Employment Accident Insurance Institute, Italy
- Hernando Perez-Montas, President, Consultores Actuariales S.A., Dominican Republic
- Zofia Rutkowska, Director, European Integration Department, Social Insurance Institution, Poland
- Jan Skorpik, Head of the actuarial section, Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, the Czech Republic
- And several speakers from the Social Insurance Bank of Uruguay.
NOTE: A live Webcast of the Technical Seminar for Social Security Actuaries and Statisticians on Sustainable financing and extension of social security coverage will be available live on 27 and 28 April 2010 on the ISSA Extranet.
The working languages of the Seminar will be Spanish, English and French.